- 1 20 Best Longboards For Beginners Reviews, Tips & Buying Guides
- 2 (Top 20) Best Longboards For Beginners in 2021 [Reviews, Tips, & Guides]
- 2.1 1. Atom Drop Deck Longboard (41-Inch) – Best Overall
- 2.2 2. VOLADOR 42inch Freeride Longboard Complete Cruiser – Best Lonboard for Beginners
- 2.3 3. Playshion Drop Through Freestyle Longboard Skateboard Cruiser
- 2.4 Playshion Drop Through Freestyle Longboard Skateboard Cruiser Buy on Amazon
- 2.5 4. Atom Longboards Atom All-Terrain Longboard – 39″, Woody
- 2.6 5. MBS All-Terrain Longboard – Amazon Bestselling Longboard
- 2.7 6. Junli 41 Inch Freeride Skateboard Longboard
- 2.8 7. Atom Drop Through – 41 Inch
- 2.9 8. Atom Pin-Tail Longboard (39-Inch) – Best Pintail Longboard
- 2.10 9. Sector 9 Meridian Complete Longboard
- 2.11 10. Sector 9 Bamboo G-Land 9.75×44 Complete Longboard Skateboard
- 2.12 11. Magneto 44 inch Kicktail Cruiser Longboard Skateboard- Best Overall
- 2.13 12. Quest super cruiser artisan Bamboo – Best for Surfing
- 2.14 13. MINORITY Downhill Maple Longboard 40-inch Drop Deck – Best for Downhill
- 2.15 14. SCSK8 Natural Blank & Stained Assembled Complete Longboard Skateboard
- 2.16 15. Landshark Island Style Longboard
- 2.17 16. Loaded Boards Icarus Bamboo Longboard Skateboard Complete – Luxury Longboard
- 2.18 17. Loaded Boards Tan Tien Bamboo Longboard Skateboard Complete – Luxury Longboard
- 2.19 18. Loaded Boards Tesseract Bamboo Longboard Skateboard Complete – Luxury Longboard
- 2.20 19. Loaded Boards Dervish Sama Bamboo Longboard Skateboard Complete – Luxury Longboard
- 2.21 20. Landyachtz 2019 Switch 40 Complete Longboard – Luxury Longboard
- 3 Types of Longboards:
- 4 How to Choose Best Longboards for Beginners?
- 5 Conclusion
20 Best Longboards For Beginners Reviews, Tips & Buying Guides
Are you looking for best longboards for beginners in 2021? If yes, you must be a fan of this outdoor and indoor sport. This sport is very popular these days. If you are newbies, you may find it hard to pick up the right longboard to ride on. However, you should know that skateboards and longboards are quite the same, but longboards are a bit longer than skateboards. Therefore, you will not buy the wrong one. Using longboards for beginners will help you play better than the advanced one.
You must find this game fun, active, and sporty. This sport requires you to have lots of skills to play welll with nice performance. Before become advanced player, you should train yourself first as beginners. Following the right guides, instruction, and steps, you will gain enough skills to play well. Remember that don’t hurry to jump to the high level if you are beginners. Choosing the right longboards as newbie is very important because this will decide how long you can become “Pro” at this game. Read more for Best Longboards For Beginners choice here.
Some people find this stuff as a great transport since they can travel from one place to another by riding on. It is fun and cool! Because there are lots of brands being sold on the market, it can be a tough task for you to choose from. In order to pick up the best beginners longboard, you should read our given reviews, tips, guides, and analysis.
Below is our top 10 best longboards for beginners that you can have a look at. These are 10 best beginner-friendly longboards rated by many buyers. Each has its own features. You just need to check and pick up the ones that fit your needs and budget. Remember that choice is yours! We just give you an idea to make your decision easily.
Some main factors that you may want to discover before making a decision for the best longboard for beginner.
- If the longboards are beginner-friendly or not (ease of use should be put in first prioprity)
- If the price is affordable or expensive. Don’t go for cheap one because it may not last long.
- If the longboards are durable, comfortable, strong, etc..
- If the brand and quality is good
(Top 20) Best Longboards For Beginners in 2021 [Reviews, Tips, & Guides]
- Full maple laminate deck
- Reverse King Pin (RKP) longboard trucks (245mm axles)
Having a unique design – unique perimeter shape gives 9.6-inches of leverage into every turn, while also eliminating wheel bite, the Atom Drop-Deck Longboard does not give you optimal stability but is also produced for many purposes, especially the downhill movements. The product comes with a special maple deck which is fully laminated while its reverse kingpin longboard trucks are 245-millimeter axles.
The board is perfect for Ultra-low-riding longboard ensures maximum stability, making it ideal for downhill carving. In addition, the longboard comes with a one-year warranty by the manufacturer thanks to its superb quality.
When it comes to downhill movements, the product provides skaters with top-notch speed and stability. Plus, its wheels have 70×51 wide-lip, making the riders feel very comfortable. Therefore, you can skate in any rough place ranging from streets to campus ground without feeling worried. Finally, the longboard comes in many designs with many attractive colors, so there are many options for you to choose.
- Suitable for riders of all heights
- Functional and versatile
- Highly durable 9-ply full maple wood deck
- Easy turning and maneuvering thanks to the 50-degree baseplate incorporated into its reverse kingpin trucks
- Grippy sharp-lip-shaped wheels
- Comfortable foot placing
- Adequate leverage for little to no wheel bites
- Affordably priced
- Not a good one for advanced tricks. However, as a beginner, learning & only try basic tricks if you want are two things you should focus on.
- As an artisan work from our engineering team, the 42inch drop through camber deck offers super flex and shock absorber.
- 8-ply natural hardrock maple and epoxy glue, healthy materials bring more fun, and is better for environment.
VOLADOR 42INCH FREERIDE LONGBOARD will certainly please you if you are searching for the best freeride longboards. The longboard is a perfect choice for those whose weight is as heavy as 200 lbs. Even if you are heavier than that, the durable deck of this longboard ensures you are well supported.
With its flex features and shock absorbers, the longboard can give skaters a smooth and pleasant ride. Coming with a concave deck, the product gives superb flexibility, shocking absorbency and optimal strength. Moreover, the materials are eco-friendly and healthy in the long term. The longboard is produced with the aim of minimizing negative effects. As a result, the board is made of sustainable woods and bound by methanol-free epoxy glue.
The product comes in a special symmetrical design, which can avoid wheel bite regardless of angles, hence maneuverability of the board and good control. Designed by many people from many cultures, the graphics of the product are varied. The bottom graphic has optimal durability, meaning it will never fade away.
The wheels of the product are ABEC-9 precision bearings, allowing you to have a superb smooth ride. Finally, not only does it have high-quality materials, it also has top-notch customer service section that is available round-the-lock.
- Perfect choice for heavy skaters thanks to its strong deck, top-notch wheels, excellent bearings and firm grip tape
- Able to bear harsh abusing with negligible wears
- Beautiful and vibrant graphics
- Broad deck to mount motor and electronics
- Excellent grip
- Symmetrical design
- Good price
- Carve easily
- Enables users to make sharp turns
- Offers smooth ride on varied terrains
- Perfect for commuting, cruising and carving.
- The trucks may have to tighten before starting riding for the first time.
- As a beginner, the camber deck profile maynot friendly for you.
- The manufacturer should pay more attention on the bearing quality.
This Playshion longboard is definitely the ideal choice for beginners as well as the experienced ones. When it comes to the outer performance of the product, it looks far more attractive than the product shown on the screen. What is also worth noticing is that the longboard comes at a very reasonable price despite its superb appearance, coming with 8-ply hardwood maple that allows objects as heavy as 250 lbs, the product is thought to be heavy. However, it is only 8 lbs, quite lightweight for adult and little users.
The maple deck is very strong, durable and hard to bear bumps and carves with negligible wears. In addition, the wheels of the product are SHR 78A Polyurethane with the size of 70mm which is ideal for beginners.
Generally, the longboard is a typical product for riding for fun, which means you can carve, curve, cruise, freeride and slide easily. Nevertheless, if you are over 250 lbs, you should look for bigger boards for better stability.
- Bears heavy weight up to 250 lbs
- Famous for versatility, strength but sufficient lightness for both kids and adults
- Comes with high-quality deck that is very durable and strong to bear a huge load
- Symmetrical design
- High-quality wheels
- The board cannot do tricks
- Wheels: MBS 100mm x 65mm all-terrain wheels cast with 78a super-high-rebound urethane for a perfect blend of on-road speed and off-road traction
- Deck: sturdy maple-lam drop deck keeps your center of gravity low for pushing and off-roading
Having a unique design, the Atom All – Terrain Longboard does not give you optimal stability but is also produced for many purposes, especially the downhill movements. The product comes with a special sturdy maple-lam drop deck keeps your center of gravity low for pushing and off-roading
The board is perfect for low riding and provides the highest level of stability, hence downhill carving.
When it comes to downhill movements, the product provides skaters with top-notch speed and stability. Plus, its wheels have MBS 100mm x 65mm all-terrain wheels cast with 78a super-high-rebound urethane for a perfect blend of on-road speed and off-road traction. Therefore, you can skate in any rough place ranging from streets to campus ground without feeling worried. Finally the longboard comes in many designs with many attractive colors, so there are many options for you to choose.
- Extremely stable and comfortable
- Ideal for neighborhood cruising
- Comes with ABEC 9 bearings for a pleasant ride
- Eliminates wheel bites thanks to its special design
- Especially perfect for downhill and cruising
- Maneuver and control at ease
- Comes with the standard top mount trucks that allow curving faster
- The squeaking sound when the board is turned
- The wheels may be soft
- Comes with sufficient grip tape
- If you slide the board too much, there will be spots on the wheels
- 100mm x 65mm all-terrain longboard wheels are cast with 78A super-high-rebound urethane for a perfect balance between speed and traction
- 190mm Navigator Drones trucks guarantee precision turning
MBS All-Terrain Longboard is a great choice for both young and old riders, allowing even the most inexperienced one to cruise around easily and comfortably.
The all-terrain wheels the longboard features are no doubt its bestselling point.
In addition, its massive 100mm wheels also provide greater grip, making riding at high speed safe and fun. The 78A rated wheel durometer of this long board also greatly enhances your control of the board.
In short, despite not being known to many, this longboard is a great product for beginners and experienced riders alike.
- Smooth riding experience facilitated by the great grip of its all-terrain wheels
- Easy wheel clearance, which is ideal for beginners
- Comfortable foot placing thanks to its drop-down deck
- Easy to control, making turning and pushing the board a piece of cake
- Fully assembled upon delivery
- Efficient wheel rolling
- Great value for money
- Slow acceleration due to its big wheel size
- Relatively heavy
- TRUCKS: Highly responsive 7-inch aluminum alloy trucks and ultra high elastic PU support pad,providing control and stability.
- DECK: 41 IN long x 9.5 IN wide deck made of cold press 8-ply natural maple with max load weight 330Ibs; brushed black surface for antislip. No assembly required.
This 41 Inch Freeride Longboard Skateboard from Junli is highly recommended for riders of all ages, even for kids! It features a stunning design that can attract both your and your kids’ attention immediately.
In terms of durability, the PU wheels of this board is highly durable. When combined with its ABEC-11 high-speed bearings, the wheels can roll extra fast while retaining its traction. It can hold against heavy weights and pressure as well.
In addition, the cold press 8-ply maple incorporated in this board makes it even more sturdy, and its anti-slip brushed black surface also allows extra control of the board.
All in all, this versatile longboard is a great value for money. If you are looking for a longboard that can be used for freestyle riding, this is the one.
- Extra stability and control thanks to its responsive aluminum trucks and highly elastic PU support pad
- Readily assembled upon delivery
- Cold press 8-ply natural maple anti-slip wood deck
- Highly sturdy 70x51mm 80A PU wheels
- ABEC-11 high speed bearings
- Great for downhill rides
- Suited for riders of all ages
- Smooth riding experience guaranteed thanks to its shock absorbent ring
- All-in-on T-toll for easy disassembly
- No real cons
- Ultra-low-riding longboard ensures maximum stability, making it ideal for downhill carving
- Ease of pushing takes wear and tear out of around-town commutes, as well
This 41-inch drop-through longboard from Atom is a perfect choice for carving downhill thanks to its excellent stability.
It is highly durable thanks to its full maple deck and reverse King Pin trucks. This means you can use it to cruise leisurely around your town without the worrying about any wear and tear.
In addition, the board also features 80S grip tape for better traction. Its wide-lip 80mm urethane wheels and ABEC-9 bearings contribute greatly to its performance, too.
Furthermore, you no longer have to worry about wheel bites thanks to its one-of-a-kind perimeter shape for extra turning leverage. All in all, this is a great product, and not buying it would be a huge mistake.
- No wheel bites
- Stable and comfortable riding experience guaranteed
- Cool design
- Any side can be put forward
- Ideal board for cruising around
- Oil needed to prevent the trucks from squeaking
- Limited leverage and turning range due to the drop deck configuration
This drop-though longboard from Atom is another great choice.
Although it might be a bit more expensive than other products on this list, the board is surely a good value for money with its ultra-low-riding structure that offers great stability.
Anyone who loves downhill carving will find this longboard extremely suitable for them, but it is also versatile enough for simply cruising around town or your campus and workplace.
Like many of its counterparts, the board’s deck is made of maple wood, making it both stylish and sturdy. The 70mm wheels are also combined with ABEC-9 bearings for smoother rides, and it also comes with one-year warranty from the manufacturer.
- Stable rides facilitated by its drop-through deck and big wheels
- Cool graphic designs
- Solid and durable components
- Smooth riding experience
- A real bargain
- Deck prone to warping after long use
- Assembled with: 10.0" Gullwing charger trucks, 70mm 78A center set TS wheels, ABEC 5 grease ball bearings, 1.125" flush mount steel bolts, erg grip tape
- Constructed with: 8 ply Maple, taco mold, drop through mount
The Meridian Complete Longboard from Sector 9 is said to be the best board out there for cruising downhill. This is all thanks to its special design where the pointy deck is concaved and curvy. The form factor makes cruising downhill a pleasant experience.
With the 8-ply maple wood deck, the Meridian Complete Longboard can handle up to 274 pounds of weight, which is one of the highest weight limits that a longboard can accommodate. The board will surely withstand the test of time.
As for the dimension, the board is 40-by-10-inch, which leaves plenty of space for leg room. Additionally, the trucks on the board are the Paris V2 180mm, which give better control and weight distribution. The Meridian Complete Longboard takes advantage of a 50° RKP base plate and Bones Mini Logo Bearings. With this configuration, the turns and carving will be smoother.
Last but not least, the board also includes the grip tape on top of the deck for better feet grip.
The Meridian Complete Longboard only comes in 1 size and color, but the board does get the job done.
- Well-balanced and stable
- Robust design
- Slight tilt
- Good weight limit
- Comes with durable bearings
- Not real cons
- All original Sector 9 components
- 5 Ply Vertically Laminated Bamboo, 44.0" L x 9.75" W x 30.5" WB10". Clear Grip Tape
This is one of the most lightweight longboards you can find on the market today, but it is still stable enough for you to use on any surface thanks to its shock-absorption property.
With its wide 5-ply bamboo deck, you can enjoy extra foot placing space and thus control the board more easily. In addition, any bumps will be absorbed with ease thanks to its slight flex, making your ride smoother and more comfortable.
In addition, thanks to its 70mm 75A wheels and ABEC-5 PDP bearings, acceleration can be done quickly, and high-speed riding is also safer and more stable.
To sum up, this is a great longboard that you should definitely take into consideration when deciding on your next longboard purchase.
- Ready for use upon delivery
- Stable and comfortable 44-inch maple deck
- Transparent grip tape for extra traction
- Lightweight yet durable
- Adequate shock absorption
- Capable of withstanding heavy weights
- Versatile and flexible
- Slightly wobbly at the beginning, but this can be fixed with some simple adjustments
- GREAT FOR BEGINNERS The Kicktail Cruiser is a great option for beginners and pros alike! The deck is nice and stable without much flexibility making it easy and safe to ride. The wheels are nice and soft for extra grip while turning and a super smooth ride over rougher roads.
- VERSATILE BOARD 44-inch Longboard Skateboard designed for cruising and skating around town. Kicktails make this board super functional for all sorts of riding styles. It’s a great starter board for someone looking to get into longboarding!
This Magneto 44-inch Kicktail Cruiser is ideal for both seasoned newbie skaters as it is a great combination between function and safety.
Without a doubt, the beautifully designed bamboo deck is one of its most attractive selling points. Using this board, you can leisurely cruise around the town in style, either alone or with your gang.
In terms of versatility, this board can be used for whatever your heart desires, from cruising to freestyle dancing.
As for its materials and components, you can rest assured that you are paying for one of the best. It features a sand grit finish for extra grip, so you no longer have to add grip tape on your deck at the expense of its cool design. Its nicely soft wheels also increase its road holding, making it easier for you to turn and ride on any terrain.
All in all, with its smooth roll and flawless finish, this longboard is a great value for money that you should not overlook.
- Highly functional and versatile
- Sturdy aluminum trucks
- Smooth Urethane wheels
- Aesthetic bamboo deck
- Extra grip thanks to its sand grit finish
- Suitable for even beginners
- No real cons
- SIZE MATTERS our 44" Longboard is the perfect size constructed in a Multi-ply Hardwood Maple and beautiful artisan bamboo deck shaped to perform and the extra detail rarely found at this price.
- THE ORIGINAL BAMBOO LONGBOARD - Designed on the boardwalks in California to higher specifications from Malibu to San Diego, we are the leaders in longboard and skateboard.
The Quest Super Cruiser is considered the highest standard a longboard can get to. Every little detail shows that the manufacturers really care for the product when they put it together. However, the product may be bulky and heavy to girls and children
From the multi-ply maple wood to the 7’’ aluminum trucks and the 70mm PDU wheels, everything screams ‘high-quality’. The components are designed to support a huge amount of weight and to handle forces without breaking. The 44’’ long board checks all the boxes in performance, durability and even affordability. It is suitable for any users, especially for those who have just recently got into longboarding.
The deck of Quest Longboard is completely handmade, making it more appealing than other competitors. Made of bamboo, a well-known material for lightness and softness, the product promises to provide users with the top-notch flexibility and durability that can handle heavy objects.
It comes with a convenient kicktail. This means that you can use it to perform tricks and maneuvers. A fantastic combination between a street skateboard and a longboard is what this product provides to its rider. It also brings about a very comfortable and easy riding experience. All thanks to the kicktail fixed into the deck, which makes it easier to maneuver the board.
The deck construction is designed to facilitate high-speed and secured cruising. There is also a very good grip between your shoes and the board because of its concaved deck style. This type of longboards also comes with rugged and sturdy aluminum trucks that allow the boards to perform decently on almost all terrains.
Moreover, it is also equipped with long-lasting and strong 65-mm PU wheels, which help you achieve rapid acceleration. The 34-inch length of this longboard is also very versatile and suitable for most riding styles. Therefore, this is one of the Quest Longboards that can certainly please its users because of its great versatility.
It is the most practical option because of its decent capability and reasonable price. If you are a beginner learning the basics of longboarding, it is the absolute choice for you. Finally, in terms of the lifespan, Quest Longboard is famous for its durable quality, meaning that you can use it for a very long time.
- Able to handle objects up to 250 lbs, Capable of supporting heavy weight
- Provide stability and balance. Comes with wheels that can absorb shock well
- Durable design, durable bearings and wheels, broad and solid deck
- High flexibility & Excellent bearings
- Fast & Ideal for cruising
- Reasonable price
- Top-notch, lightweight trucks
- The product may be bulky and heavy to girls and children
As the name implies, the MINORITY Downhill Maple Longboard is made with the sole purpose of going downhills. The board has a unique design cue where the board is pointier. This structure helps you accelerate faster
Minority Longboard offers a maple wood deck option which is perfect for those seeking a downhill longboard. The product has a deck which is only 40” x 10”, allowing easier paddling. Remember that when you use a downhill longboard, the product has to give you less gravity but a great deal of control and stability.
The product can also accommodate you at different speed levels without losing balance. Plus, its dropping concave ensures that your feet are perfectly locked. In addition, since Minority Longboard comes with excellent reverse kingpin trucks, users can change the degrees (45-50 degrees) as they wish, meaning it is very easy to move the product.
- Equipped with durable and strong deck
- Perfect for a downhill longboard with the great combination of speed and stability
- Strong maneuverability and good balance
- Allows users to make small turning radius
- The deck might be a little wide for some skaters
- Might need to adjust and loosen the trucks a bit in order to turn
- 7 Ply Maple Construction
- 70mm PU Wheels
The Natural Blank & Stained Assembled Complete Longboard Skateboard from SCSK8 has a cruiser shape, perfectly ideal for basic transportation. It comes with the SCSK8 Precision ABEC 9 Red Bearings and 7-inch wide aluminum trucks on an 8-inch wide board.
In such a configuration, the board has a better weight distribution and thus, provides more stability and control when carving or turning. In addition, when it comes to durability, the Natural Blank & Stained Assembled Complete Longboard Skateboard is undeniably strong due to the 7-ply maple wood, capable of handling up to 220 pounds.
In the visual contest, the Natural Blank & Stained Assembled Complete Longboard Skateboard is a looker. The board offers a variety of colors and images to choose from, in different sizes and graphics. With this board in hand (or on your feet), you are never lost in the crowd.
In terms of speed, the Natural Blank & Stained Assembled Complete Longboard Skateboard is no slouch. Thanks to its wide diameter 70mm PU wheels, even on rough surfaces, the board can make every ride a breeze. At a beginner level, this board is, without a doubt, one of the best.
- Comes with top-notch, firm and durable deck
- Excellent wheels for practicing in skate parks
- Built with high-quality trucks
- Provided with helpful grip tape
- Offers you comfortable rides and smooth turns
- An ideal product for cruising
- Wheels are quite slow
- Classic longboard shape with a retro, surf-style design - perfect for cruising, carving and even commuting
- Deck: 35” x 9. 25” constructed from 8-ply Maple
This LandShark Island Style Longboard is ideal for beginners or simply those who want to leisurely cruise around their town.
One of the best things about this longboard is that the fully grip-taped concave deck provides extra traction for your feet, which allows better control over the board during your ride. Its wide aluminum trucks are also great for balancing, as you can enjoy more foot placing space on the board.
In addition, acceleration is quick thanks to its 61mm PU wheels and Abec-7 carbon steel bearings. Pushing yourself forward is also easy with its deck cutouts that eliminate any wheel bites.
All in all, judging from its price, this longboard is a total bargain that new riders should not miss out on.
- Retro design
- Highly versatile for both cruising and daily commuting
- Sturdy 8-ply maple deck
- No wheel bites while turning thanks to its Deck Cutouts
- Lightweight yet durable 7-inch aluminum trucks
- Carbon steel bearings for smoother riding experience
- Highly affordable
- No real cons
- VERSATILE CARVING MACHINE – The Loaded Icarus is a performance longboard created for snowboard-style carving, pumping, freeride, freestyle, and urban commuting / alternative transportation.
- UTILITARIAN DESIGN – Drop-through truck mounting for stability and easier pushing. Cambered profile and variable edge concave create a lively and precise riding experience. Cutouts combine with flared wheel wells to maximize clearance for big wheels and allow deep carves and tight turns. Minimal nose and tail kicks help navigate city streets and open the door for freestyle trickery.
For beginners, the Loaded Longboard can be quite expensive, yet its quality is undoubtedly superb. Every part of the product is believed to be made carefully so that it can give you a top-notch riding experience.
When it comes to the advantages of the product, it is well-known for its time-saving feature. Once you open the box, you can use the board immediately without adjusting anything ranging from stock wheels, bearings or trucks. It is fast and also very economical.
In addition, the Loaded Longboard is reputed for being extremely versatile. Coming with a special construction, the product can be used for many purposes including freeride, freestyle, snowboard-style carving and urban commuting. Moreover, its features are sufficient for users from all levels. Whether you just start the sport or you are a professional, this product has all the things you ask for.
- Famous for its versatility, which means it can server for many riding purposes
- Easy pushing and stable
- Comes with variable edge concave and Cambered profile for the better riding experience
- Tail kicks and nose
- Provides users with the ability to make tight turns and deep carves
- Flared wheels together with cutouts for the maximal clearance
- Excellent for vibration damping
- Made of fiberglass and vertically laminated bamboo
- Has lightness and durability with a lively ride
- Comes with durable, high-quality Paris trucks
- Special wheels, hence ultimate smoothness, speed and grip
- Maintain good balance
- Good bearings
- TRICK-FRIENDLY CARVING MACHINE – The Loaded Tan Tien is a performance longboard created for carving, pumping, freestyle, freeride, and urban commuting / alternative transportation.
- FUNCTIONAL DESIGN – Drop-through truck mounting for stability and easier pushing. Large cutouts maximize wheel clearance for deep carves and tight turns. Nose and tail kicks open the door for advanced freestyle trickery and help navigate city streets. Cambered profile and mild concave create a responsive yet comfortable platform for carve-oriented longboarding. Snowboard-inspired construction combines vertically laminated bamboo and fiberglass for a durable, lightweight, and lively ride.
The Loaded Boards Tan Tien Bamboo Longboard Skateboard Complete is highly recommended to those interested in longboarding. It is among the best Loaded longboards today for one reason: its design is very trick-friendly. It is in fact a versatile and multifunctional bamboo longboard that you can easily use in a wide range of applications and tricks, including pumping, carving, freeride, and freestyle. It can even be used as an alternative form of transportation and for commuting in the urban centers.
Another plus is the fully functional design of the Loaded Tan Tien longboard. Thanks to its drop-through truck mounting design, which makes the longboard not only more stable but also easier to push. In case of tight turns and deep carves, you will happily find it easier to maneuver it because it also boats of its big cutouts that work in maximizing wheel clearance.
It has its nose and tail kicks, which allows you to performs something interesting things such as navigating the city streets and doing some advanced freestyle tricks. In addition, it is also very proud of its comfortable and responsive platform perfect for carve-oriented longboarding thanks to its mild concave and cambered profile, which can come to any rider’s attention.
Furthermore, given the fact that it combines fiberglass and vertically laminated bamboo materials, it guarantees that it can deliver a lively ride in addition to its durability and lightweight. The combination of fiberglass and bamboo provides this longboard a flex, which enables it to do pumping and hard carving better.
You can even customize the flex with the help of its three flex ratings to make it suit your style and weight. The longboard also has Paris trucks which help guarantee that it will continue to give riders a more controlled and smoother turning response.
- ALL-AROUND SHREDDER – The Loaded Tesseract is a versatile, high-performance longboard created for freeride, freestyle, downhill, and dancing.
- FUNCTIONAL DESIGN – Symmetrical shape and kicktails encourage switch riding and a multitude of tricks and slides. Multiple wheelbase options allow you to fine tune your setup based on riding style and truck geometry. Rocker cradles your feet for locked-in slides. Tall, wide W concave mellows out near the trucks for comfort while providing strong lateral support for sliding and cornering. Wheel well flares increase wheel clearance and create ergonomic reference points for your feet.
The Loaded Boards Tesseract Premium houses a wide and slight concave deck, which makes it the perfect board for cruising on the streets. The deck is 36-by-9.5-inch, which provides much needed leg space when cruising. In order to maintain a comfortable and safer experience, the board also comes with the Loaded Custom Grip Tape. Both the dimension of the board and the material of the grip tape make the Loaded Boards Tesseract Premium excellent for stability and control. In addition, the board has a unique design where there is a 50-degree base, making it a bit more flexible. This, in turn, helps you be more confident when carving or turning.
As for the design components, the Loaded Boards Tesseract Premium makes use of a high-quality set of SL ABEC 7 Bearings on a caliber White 180mm truck. It also uses a set of 70mm wide Orangatang Stimulus Freeride Yellow Longboard Wheels. With such a configuration, the board can reach a much higher speed even on rough surfaces.
One downside of the Loaded Boards Tesseract Premium is that the board is only offered in 1 size and color, but for the sturdiness and competence, the board is still quite a steal.
- DROP-THROUGH CARVING MACHINE – The Loaded Dervish Sama is a performance longboard created for carving, pumping, freestyle, freeride, and urban commuting / alternative transportation.
- FUNCTIONAL DESIGN – Drop-through truck mounting for stability and easier pushing. Large cutouts maximize wheel clearance for deep carves and tight turns. Nose and tail kicks open the door for dancing and freestyle trickery and help navigate city streets. Cambered profile and mild concave create a responsive yet comfortable platform for carve-oriented longboarding. Snowboard-inspired construction combines vertically laminated bamboo and fiberglass for a durable, lightweight, and lively ride.
The Loaded Dervish Sama is another complete longboard introduced by a good brand, the Loaded Boards. This new bamboo longboard comes with updated tail kicks and nose which guarantee that rider can perform freeride tricks using it. If you want a longboard with an additional flex and complete control over it, then this is a perfect longboard for you.
It is worth noting that the core of this longboard is made mainly of bamboo, making the board highly flexible. The bamboo is also combined with fiberglass, epoxy and other materials to enhance the longboard’s durability. The 42-inch deck gives just a perfect amount of length and space for a comfortable ride.
The longboard’s more pronounced concave profile is also one of its advantages. This profile provides the board’s rider with more control over its edges. With such advantages, it is without a doubt that it is a number one choice for those longboarding and skateboarding lovers who want full control over their boards.
As mentioned earlier, the Loaded Dervish Sama has an updated nose and tail kicks, featuring lengthened tips. Subtle kicks and better leverage are benefits brought about by those updates. They also make it possible for a rider to secure his feet. The longboard also comes with customized grip tape designs. These coarser grip tapes, placed at the longboard’s nose and tail kicks, give your feet more grip on the board which improves your safety.
The Dervish Sama Flex 3 comes in a form factor of 42.8-by-9 inch that provides plenty of room for movement and enjoyable cruising. And to ensure you feel safe and secured during those trips, the board has a high-quality Black ML Grip tape on top on it.
Unlike most maple wood longboards, the Dervish Sama Flex 3 is made from a flex, bamboo composite. While the board can only handle up to 150 pounds, it is still perfect for juniors and teens who are looking for some beginner longboards. That being said, the board does offer 2 different flex sizes, 1 and 2, where the latter provides a higher weight limit.
The Dervish Sama Flex 3 uses the SL bearings, which are housed on a Paris 180mm Black Longboard Truck. The board also comes with a set of Orangatang Durian Purple 75mm 83a Longboard Wheels. The combination maintains an even weight distribution and better control whilst providing a less tacky experience, which is ideal for rough streets.
- SPECS: Length - 35" or 40" | Width - 9.5" or 10" | Wheelbase - 27" or 32"
- CONSTRUCTION: 9 Plies of Maple, 2" Dropped Platform
The Landyachtz Switch Longboard Complete is another excellent choice for and longboarding or skateboarding enthusiasts. Its vibrant graphics is one of its most distinguishable features. It can boast about its sturdy and cool design, pleasing both beginners and experienced riders. The longboard is very versatile and can cope with all types of riding techniques and styles including downhill, cruising, or freeriding.
This is a 40-inch longboard made of 9-layers Canadian maple wood. The maple wood is covered between 2 layers of fiberglass to ensure a cleaner and better finish. The multiple-layer maple wood deck guarantees durability and reduces flex when a rider stands on it. The longboard is designed with a length that can accommodate even very tall and heavy users.
As for the wheels, this longboard features 70-mm mini-monsters 82A wheels. The producer is also proud of its top-notch quality materials. The high-quality materials, especially of the wheels and trucks, ensure that the product will deliver an excellent experience to its riders when they ride it downhill or make sharp turns.
Moreover, the board’s carving is excellent. The wheels have more than enough clearance to easily make sharp turns thanks to the longboard’s high angle trucks. With that, the board is suitable for those who like commuting on it, especially those who want to use it to travel around a college campus. It is the best longboard for that purpose.
It is also worth noting that this longboard comes with a high W-concave, which helps secure your feet more comfortably. It also adds more grip by allowing more contact to be formed between your shoes and the board’s grip tape.
Types of Longboards:
- Downhill– Also known as bombing, it is the most extreme version of longboarding where riders go down long hills at the fastest speeds possible. It is not at all recommended for the beginners. Downhill longboards tend to provide greater stability as they are flat and have long wheelbases. Larger, softer wheels offer a smoother ride on rough terrain.At faster speeds, only a board that doesn’t have a lot of flex will work. Don’t forget to wear protective gear and pads when doing downhill racing.
- Cruisers– These are usually the first that comes to mind when you think of longboards. Cruisers have become a huge scene. They make day-day commuting or carving and cruising the streets way easier. These type of boards are purchased for commuting to places and are not at all focused on speeds. These boards are usually flexible enough to provide a smoother ride even on roughest terrains. The pintails are the most popular shape for this style of riding, but a lot of other shapes are available in this segment too.
- Freeride– Another popular style of longboarding is free-riding. As the name suggests, it means riding freely wherever you want. A rider can simply do whatever he wants. To practice this style of longboarding, always go for a stiff board. symmetrical boards with kick tails are the most popular in this category. Moreover, for beginners, the freestyle decks are a great option if they aren’t sure which style of riding they wish to pursue. This style is all about tricks, creativity. Go ahead and have fun with this style of longboarding.
As there is a lot of crossover between freeride and downhill, therefore many riders use the same deck for both disciplines. A longboard features a lot of components, therefore how to choose the best longboard brands is a question that you need to understand before making a purchase:
How to Choose Best Longboards for Beginners?
- Deck– It forms the basis of any longboard, thus it is the most important component to consider while purchasing a longboard. Longboard decks come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes.The majority of decks are made from either maple or bamboo. Maple tends to be more durable while bamboo is flexible. Other materials used are fiberglass, aluminium, polycarbonate and carbon fiber in the construction of a longboard deck.
- Trucks– Trucks are a T-shaped piece of metal that connects the deck of the longboard to the wheels.There are two main kinds of longboard trucks, traditional kingpin, and reverse kingpin. Reverse kingpin trucks are more stable as compared to the traditional kingpin trucks, thus traditional kingpin trucks are not suitable for speed. Reverse kingpin trucks are truly recommended for beginners. Most of the boards these days, have reverse kingpin trucks only.
- Bushings– These are the little pieces of urethane that allow your trucks to turn. It is important as a beginner to know about how to tighten and loosen your trucks. Tightening the trucks makes them more stable less responsive to turning and vice versa.
- Wheels– The diameter(size) and the durometer (hardness) are the two main aspects of longboard wheels. The longer decks work better with larger wheels and shorter boards work better with smaller wheels. The vice-versa can cause wheel bite. Most longboard wheels have a durometer somewhere between 70a and 90a (70a being the softest, and 90a being the hardest). Soft wheels generally have more grip than hard wheels, thus offers a smoother ride. However, hard wheels are easy for sliding.
In addition to these components, the cost is a very important factor while buying a board. If you are a beginner who is just looking at getting into longboarding, then take a look at some of the best longboards for beginners and Best Skateboards For Girls that won’t break your bank.
We hope that the information provided will help you choose the best longboard for your riding style. Let’s agree to the fact that ‘how to choose a longboard’ is tough for a beginner (beginners longboard). The first board you choose for yourself, makes a lot of difference.